Quick DetailsWine Name: Goats In Villages Shiraz Pinotage
From: South Africa (yes you read that right)
Blend: Shiraz Pinotage
Year: 2009
Price Paid: $7
From: Trader Joes
Down and Dirty Summary: Interesting...
Paired with: Nothing (drank after dinner)
Okay I'm going to get straight to the point about this one. I had a horrible day and one of my besties came over with a bottle of wine at 5ish to keep me company and talk it out. We had a few glasses, I made spaghetti for dinner - all was well in my family. But fast forward an hour....
My husband knew it was #WineWednesday and so he took the liberty to bring me home a bottle of this wine "Goats in Villages Shiraz Pinotage" It also said "the goats do roam" mmmmmk..... So my first thought was....reallllly? South Africa? It's not that I'm racist on my wine - I like wine from ALL countries and I'm always willing to try ANY wine (obviously) Well.. my first thought was oh I'm drinking a Shiraz...but then as I thought about it I realized Oh ... this is a bend of Shiraz and Pinot.... Well I went on with my night - got the kids ready for bed, cleaned up dinner, etc. I came downstairs to my family room - my husband had a glass and he admitted to me that he thinks the wine is "harsh" but "decent" - So if I'm being 100% honest I was a little nervous to try. I love my husband but I don't know that he has the best "choices in wine" he usually chooses wines based on label or price (not that.... that is a BAD thing but)
Anyways... I'll get to the point - this wine is INTERESTING in a good way. My first drink was like "this tastes like goat milk" but I think it was in my head.... It is actually kind of harsh but only in the way that a shiraz typically can be. It's interesting to my mouth. No I'm not being perverted it's very.. interesting. I want to give you a review that talks about what I taste in it, or if it's dry or sweet. Well it's not sweet I know that much, I don't taste a very strong SPECIFIC flavor, but what I do taste is.... oak, robust flavor, a HINT of spice, and a SUPRISINGLY decent wine! I'm going to sum up this review by saying.... The goats DO roam! Thank you Africa (and my husband I guess) - I'm pleasantly surprised! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment