
Wine Name: Notebook 4NV Red Blend
From: Benton City, WA
Blend: Columbia Valley Red Blend
Year: Multiple vintages blended together
Price Paid: $10
From: Bookwalter Cellars
Down and Dirty Summary: Love Price Point, Love The Blend!
Paired with: Pepperoni Pizza and Airborne
Helllloooo, I want to start today's blog with a very honest, straight forward fact.... I either have allergies or I'm fighting a cold but I could not let myself down (even though I don't really have any readers yet) and this is why it was very important for me to do a #WineWednesday review regardless of how I was feeling. So, because of this I paired a wine I know well and have never reviewed and also happen to LIKE as an every day drinker with a VERY easy dinner solution after another long day of work. The result? Awesomeness? Pizza & red wine go oddly well together. Plus you can get all of the things in my picture at CVS. HA!
I have always liked this wine, it's an every day, easy drinker. I call this wine goldilocks and this is why. It's not to dry, not too sweet, not too ANYTHING it's juuuuuuuuust right. Drink it alone? Sure! Drink it with food? Sure! Whatever you decide to do it's a low maintenance, well received.... and LIKEABLE. Not only THAT but it's one of the very few wines that has a screw cap - that I don't judge. In addition to ALL of the above great comments this wine is made by Bookwalter Winery - they have a couple tasting rooms in Washington. I have been to their Woodinville, WA tasting room twice and they are always nice and laid back there, a great place to have a glass of wine and have a bottle for $10 bucks that tastes great and a bottle that is $20 that even tastes better - check them out!
One of these nights I will pair the Notebook with the movie Notebook and I will just have a crazy Notebook night full of romance and warm fuzzy wine feelings. Ohhh yah!
Thanks for reading tonight. I'm sorry I didn't give more info on the tasting notes and first taste and such but we can't always be awesome wine connoisseurs, sometimes we are just regular folk ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment