Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wine Wednesday - Villa Sonia Merlot Delle Venezie

Quick Details

Wine Name: Villa Sonia Merlot Delle Venezie 
From: Italy
Blend: Red Wine Merlot
Year: 2013
Price Paid: $6
From: Grocery Outlet
Down and Dirty Summary: IMPRESSED! 
Paired with: Slow Cooked Chicken Breast, Organic Carrots, Sweet Potatoes & Whole Grain Muffins

Sooooo I decided to stop by my local Grocery Outlet today on the way home from work, but instead of just grabbing whatever....this time I decided to pick out 2 wines that looked relatively good and then check Google.Com to see if they even showed UP. You see, I've had a LOT of bad experience with Grocery Outlet and people tell me all the time about how GREAT of experiences they have had so I decided to give it a stab. I'm so happy I did - I must have struck it lucky this WineWednesday because I bought 2 bottles and 1 was VERY Decent and the first one which I am actually reviewing here was more than decent....so without rambling on and on....

1st smell: nice, mellow, a bit jammy for an italian wine
1st taste: easy, smooth, mellow, - while some would say that it lacked punch I Loved the smooth, dry, easy wine this was.
Aftertaste: a little jammy but still smooth and SO easy to drink. 

I'm going to keep this one SUPER short this week. I completely recommend trying the Italian "Merlot" - it did NOT disappoint. If you like a dry table wine that doesn't leave you parched or what not - go for this wine and you know what I opened it before I had dinner and it was EXCELLENT alone without food. 

Bonus Tip: I might have had some Peanut Butter M&M's with this and I can't confirm or deny this but it might have tasted really good with it - Don't judge.



No comments:

Post a Comment